CACAO NUT BALLS

27 October, 2013


For a while now I've been wanting to give the raw diet thing a go. All the recipes look so damn delicious and I really want to improve my eating habits. Since everywhere I turn, I keep seeing pictures of Power Balls / Bliss Balls / Cacao Balls / whatever else you call them balls, I decided this would be my first attempt. They look amazing and sound even yummier than the unhealthy chocolate truffle sweet tooth kind. I read a whole bunch of recipes first and it sounded like pretty much anything goes, so I went to the store and came back with a whole bunch of stuff. Here's what my recipe included:
  • Mixed raw nuts (Almonds, Cashews, Pistachios, Walnuts)
  • Seeds (Sunflower seeds, Chia seeds, Ground linseed (flaxseed))
  • Desiccated coconut
  • Pitted whole dates
  • Cacao powder
  • Ground Cinamon
  • Coconut oil
  • 100% Nautral maple syrup
  • Pure vanilla extract
I just put all the dry ingredients (except coconut and chia) in the blender first, and then putting that aside I put the dates and some water through the blender, soaked the chia seeds in water for a few minutes, then with my hands I mixed everything all together, then rolled the balls over the coconut, and refrigerated for an hour before eating. It only took like 10 minutes! I thought these would be really expensive to make but actually when you buy the nuts/seeds from one of those fill-the-bag-yourself sections, it's really quite cheap. I spent just under $8 for all of mine and made about 20 balls. 

No comments:

Post a Comment